General discussion

win2000 network error message

By mcorior ·
When I attempt to access a computer that shares its printer in network neighborhood I receive an error message "\\(computer name)is not accessible The network path was not found." I checked the settings of the computer,pinged each networked computerand our default gateway, all were succesfull except the one I am trying to access. I have access to the internet.
Any help greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

16 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by kentward In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

If you can go to the computer go to it and check 1. that it is on. 2. that the NIC is working and plugged in (look at the card from the back of the case and see if it is plugged in and see which lites are on) 3. open the "Netork" (start | settings |Network and Dial up Connection) and make sure it has not lost its address protocol etc. 4. ping from that computer out. Start with a known on machine.

Collapse -

by mcorior In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

Both computers are on & the cards are working since I can get on the Internet & all computers were pinged.

Collapse -

by wls In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

Under Control Panel / Network / Services, make sure that the Computer Browser service is installed (if not, hit Add...); under Protocols / TCP/IP Protocol / Properties... see if WINS is listed; under Protocols, see if the NetBEUI protcol is listed.

Collapse -

All the settings were identical from each machine.

Collapse -

by dgust In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

Be certain the computer you are trying to connect to has "share files and printers" checked on the network setup. It acts like it is not there at all if this is not checked.

Collapse -

All the computers have file & printer sharing.

Collapse -

by Pinoy_Teknik In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

CAUSE
The Printer Server had change new some settings. And You're accessing that old settings that is gone.

RESOLUTION:
Delete the Installed printer and then Add a Printer, So the the driver of your printer is now updated to your network printer...Print Test page to make sure.

SYRUPHIN?

Collapse -

The settings on all computers are the same. When the printer was deleted & I was unable to reinstall it since the computer was no longer seen on the network.

Collapse -

by nate.isham In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

One thing to check is to make sure your computer and the computer that has the printer installed on are using the same subnet mask, sometimes, when they are different, your printer will drop offline like it is.

Collapse -

All settings are identical on all machines

Back to Desktop Forum
16 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next