General discussion

Win2000 paging file and dynamic disks

By Rick_E_B ·
Here's the situation: I just converted my c: drive to dynamic disk and now my paging file size has changed, corrupted or deleted. I tried to change it back to 750MB (I have a lot of RAM and disk space), but the system will not let me. By that I mean, it will let me change the values, but it ignores them and defaults to a temporary 20MB paging file. According to MS's (alleged) knowledge base, I can set the initial and maximum values to 0, reboot, then set the values to thier appropriate amount, but this does not work. Any ideas/suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by GOHUSKIES In reply to Win2000 paging file and d ...

Logon to the local machine under the account used to install this OS.Once logged on to system you should have no problem changing the pagfile size.This will require a reboot for the change to happen.

If you logon to machine under any other account this change will most likely not
change.

I would also recommend to have the pagefile clear itself at reboot.This is a good way to avoid a corrupted pagefile.

To make this change, edit the following registry key.

[Hkey_Local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\MemoryManagement\]

ClearPageFileAtShutDown = 1

Collapse -

by Rick_E_B In reply to Win2000 paging file and d ...

Thanks for you reply, but I am using the same account. I've also noticed that the paging file size listed in the registry is correct and the pagefile.sys file is the correct size, but I still get the message at logon stating that my paging file is non-existent or too small. I may have to reinstall to clear this up.

Collapse -

by vsncorp In reply to Win2000 paging file and d ...

Hey I am having the same exact problem. I tried almost everything but nothing seems to work. If you get the solution to the problem can you Please Very Please send me an email at vsncorp@yahoo.com

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)