General discussion

Win2000 won't boot ?

By mat_techie ·
I am using AMD K6-2, 96mb Ram,Creative, 10gig, Vibra128, Nvidia Riva TNT2 model 64 on an Asus P5A-B motherboard. Now Windows98 is working fine. Installation of Win2K on another partition was smooth but it just wont bootup. After trying to upgrade myWin98..I got the Upgrade Report which says:-"Software Incompatible with Windows 2000:-Creative VIBRA 128 Sound, video and game controllers". And:-"Setup has detected an incompatibility between your video card &
computer's mainboard. Because of this, your computer may not start up after the upgrade. Contact the manufacturer of your hardware for technical assistance."
Any ideas friends ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Win2000 won't boot ?

by EcKoStAr In reply to Win2000 won't boot ?

If I were you, I would format the Win2k partition, then do a clean install. After the install get online asap, and download the latest software updates from both Microsoft, and you card vendor. This worked when I had the same problem with Win2k myself.

Collapse -

Win2000 won't boot ?

by mat_techie In reply to Win2000 won't boot ?

Thankyou very much nfh982 for your kind assistance. I did that already. Installation was smooth...but Win2k just simply wont boot-up. I think I managed to d/load most of my cards updaters and plan to d/load Microsoft's updaters after the installation but...if only it'll boot-up.Thanks a MILL anyway:-).
Peace.

Collapse -

Win2000 won't boot ?

by mat_techie In reply to Win2000 won't boot ?

Thankyou very much nfh982 for your kind assistance. I did that already. Installation was smooth...but Win2k just simply wont boot-up. I think I managed to d/load most of my cards updaters and plan to d/load Microsoft's updaters after the installation but...if only it'll boot-up.Thanks a MILL anyway:-).
Peace.

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)