General discussion

Win2003 DNS move

By janko.syky ·
I have old DNS server with lot of entries and I would like to move all DNS entries into a new DNS server with different name of the server. IS there any way how to export and than import all entries from my old server? Please note that both servers are non-AD integrated. I checked MS site http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280061 but the article is saying only about Windows2000 based-servers.Many thanx
Jan

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Need more info. What O/S is the old DNS server running?

by Why Me Worry? In reply to Win2003 DNS move

can't help ya if I don't know from where and to you are moving the DNS from

Collapse -

Move

by janko.syky In reply to Need more info. What O/S ...

Both DNS servers are on the same location. My point is, what are the basic steps to move all DNS zone entries from let's say DNS1 to DNS2. IS that enough? Or you meant something else ???
Cheers
Jan

Collapse -

Operating System. .

by bkinsey In reply to Move

No, he meant what operating system is your current DNS server? You didn't specify.

If it's Windows 2000 or 2003, the KB article you reference is close enough. No entries in the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DNS\Zones key on 2003, they're all in the Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT key listed. But other than that, it the same to the best of my knowledge. . . .

Collapse -

thx

by janko.syky In reply to Operating System. .

Hi thanx for your reply. I'm running Windows 2003 Server, Std edition. But I already solve my problem!

Cheers

Jan

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)