General discussion

Win2k Terminal Server above 256 Cols

By rindi1 ·
Hi,

The built-in Terminal Server of windows 2000 Server has a limit of 256 Colors. With Windows 2003 Server that limit is no longer there. Can I install the Terminal Server Host of Windows 2003 on a Windows 2000 Server so that I can utilize the higher color depth (I don't want to use Windows 2003 Server itself)? If this is possible, which files of Windows 2003 Server do I need to install, and could someone provide me with those files, or direct me to a place where I can download these files?

Thanks, Markus

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tamj123 In reply to Win2k Terminal Server abo ...

??, are you sure there is color limit on W2K terminal server? I used it all the time. Check your Video card setting, make sure the display setting is not set at 256 colors.

Collapse -

by rindi1 In reply to

Yes of course, it is limited to 256 colors. If your using citrix, then your better off.

Collapse -

by Joseph Moore In reply to Win2k Terminal Server abo ...

No, you can't mix and match Win2K3 TS on Win2K. Sorry. This is how TS works in Win2K.

Collapse -

by rindi1 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by adasys In reply to Win2k Terminal Server abo ...

in w2k ts server, client ts connections are limited to 256 colors only. but check with ms if there is work around for this. I'm sure they will answer it a product design (speculations only.)

Collapse -

by rindi1 In reply to

M$ wants to sell the new software, so they won't want to help tweak something old

Collapse -

by rindi1 In reply to Win2k Terminal Server abo ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)