General discussion

Windows 2000 Server

By Al-Geber ·
I am running win2000server but my cpu usage remain in 100 % of usage, and my assumption is the is a program that running background but I dont have any idea what is it ?

Do you have any idea ? guys..

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Server

by Joseph Moore In reply to Windows 2000 Server

Pull up Task Manager to see the list of running Processes.
Either right-click on the Taskbar and choose Task Manager (then choose the Process tab), or CTRL+ALT+DEL and click the Task Manager button.
Then look through the list to see what process is running hot. If it is not a Windows process, try right-clicking on the process name and choose End Process.
If it stops, great!
If not, then you will need to kill the process. If you get to this step, please repost the process that is running hot.

hope this helps

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Server

by Al-Geber In reply to Windows 2000 Server

I've tried that way but they weren't any avail.And the last messages appear is like "Your Virtual Memory is too low. Windows will increase the XXXX( I forgot). During this proccess all requested to vitual memory will be denied"

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Server

by keno1964 In reply to Windows 2000 Server

On a side note to the above, there's a little program out there called "App Killer" that does a great job of telling you what's running and allows you to terminate any process. http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2344-913751.html?tag=lst-0-5

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Server

by Al-Geber In reply to Windows 2000 Server

ok I'll try your recommendation. Thanks

Back to Desktop Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)