Question

Windows 2003 server printer driver problem

By vishnusankar ·
Hello,

I have a HP officejet 5610 printer which is connected with windows 2003 server but I have no driver file for windows 2003 server and also it is not available in Internet but I want to share my printer in my network. can u give any idea ?

By
Vishnusankar

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

try...

by Triathlete1981 In reply to Windows 2003 server print ...

using an xp driver. sometimes it works. or try the xp x64 edition driver. that may work too.

and if that doesn't work, why not attach the printer to an xp computer and share it from there?

Collapse -

HP Inkjet printers on Windows Server 2003

by gjkiwi In reply to try...

The only way to get an HP Photosmart Driver to work on a Windows Server 2003 machine is to do the following:

Install the printer driver on a workstation, share the printer from there, and then use the add printer wizard on the server, select network and then connect to the workstation share. This works, due to the way windows shares printers. Then, share the printer from the server. The printer will only work via the workstation however.

I use this method for people who are connecting to a server via Terminal Services, and the printer drivers won't install. For example, the user has a Photosmart C4380 on their machine at home, but I can't install the driver on the server.

I just had another idea. Install virtual Server or virtual PC on the server, and install the printer driver on the virtual machine, and then share it back to the server! It will probably work. Just a thought. Try it.

Collapse -

no driver availabale but .....

by andy.beavis In reply to Windows 2003 server print ...

All-In-One printers are not support Windows 2003 operating system. However, you can try by installing alternate drivers 990c on the windows 2003 operating system.Harper

Here are the steps.
Harper: 1. Right click on My Computer, select Explore and then goto Control Panel, and then select Printer and Faxes.
2. Double-click the Add Printer icon. Click Next.
3. When prompted, choose Local, and then click Next.
4. In the Manufacturers list, choose HP.
5. In the Printer list, choose the HP Deskjet 990C printer, and then click Next.
6. Choose the port as parallel port, and then click Next.
7. The printer name should be listed as HP Deskjet 990C Printer.
8. Click No when the "Do you want your Windows based programs to use this printer as your default printer?" message appears. Then click Next.
9. Click No when the "Would you like to print a test page (recommended)" message appears. Then, click Finish.
Harper: You are welcome.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)