Question

Windows 2003 Terminal Server Licenses manager

By xenon1 ·
I have a TS Server that I implemented last month. I have the required licenses and had to activate the server by calling Microsoft. However, I am still running on the temporary licenses. I activate the license manager and it shows active, but when I re-log on the license server (which I have assigned to this TS server for these licenses) shows to be not running.

I know that it is probably a registry switch or something that I am overlooking but I just can't get a handle on this one. Anyone with any experience with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Russ

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

check ..

by lowlands In reply to Windows 2003 Terminal Ser ...

In the TS Configuration utility (Start/Programs/Administrative Tools), verify that your server is pointing to the license server. In a 2003 SD environment your license server should register itself in AD and your TS server should find it automatically

Collapse -

License Server

by xenon1 In reply to check ..

Our license server only has back office, and exchange licenses. I added our TS licenses on our TS Server (a new server that we purchased separately for the sole purpose of implementing TS).

When I look at our defualt license server, there is only the exchange and back office products eligible for modification. Is it the case that there is another place or method where I would add the TS licenses to our default license server. As it stands now, on the TS server manager, I see all the licenses that we purchased and they are sitting there, registered, but not getting dispersed..

Thank you in advance for the help you have given me

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)