Question

Windows Server 2000 Domain Controller Account Lockout Issues

By m.roberts ·
Hi All,

I am having some serious issues with an administrative account being locked out. Our network has computers ranging from Windows 95 through to Windows Vista. Our Primary and Secondary DC's use Windows Server 2000, while the rest of our servers are 2003 or 2008.

I implemented a password security policy, requiring users to have minimum password length, and implemented an account lockout policy. (As this had not ever been implemented before i started here). This caused some issues with Vista users, and for some of our other administrators. Management have not taken the decision that the account lockout policy should not be applied untill we have upgraded to Server 2008.

Therefore i removed the lockout policy and this has worked fine, however for one user, their account is locked out every morning. I can't see why this is happening, but Windows Server 2000 was before my time (i was trained on Server 2003 at University), so there must be a service somewhere using there account details but my questions are:

1) How can i find out which service is causing the account to lockout and;

2) Why, even if the users password is wrong, is the account locking out, now that the account lockout policy is not defined?

Any help would be great,

Regards,

Mike

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums