Question

windows server 2003 freezing when scanning virus

By obmacc ·
i am currently running karspersky on windows server 2003 but each time i run scan the machine freeze

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

vipre

by Br3nno360 In reply to windows server 2003 freez ...

have you tried reinstalling the AV? try this, download the trial for vipre antivirus, it picks up pretty much everything. http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/home-home-office/vipre/ you will need to remove kaspersky to do so. if it picks any virus up and deletes it, reinstall kaspersky and try and run a scan again, try it with an older definition file, then update the virus definition and try it, if it does it on the upto date def, then its a problem from kaspersky themselves.

hope this helps

Collapse -

eventviewer

by ashij In reply to windows server 2003 freez ...

Hi! Obmacc,

Have you tried to open the event viewer (start ->run ->eventvwr.exe). There is usually a separate log for AntiVirus and System, Application. Maybe go in there and check if any error was registered. This might give you an insight on what is happening. Then you may decide on what to do. Usually I have seen this problem because the AV was trying to scan a system file that was in use or that it did not have access to. sometimes, archives tend to do the same as well.

AJ

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)