Question

Windows Server 2003 OEM license

By DevRad ·
Hello,

How do I use the OEM license which came with the server? We bought the server with Windows 2003, Std installed. I don't have the install discs and currently the server has been installed with an msdn license after reformatting. It is Dell poweredge 1850 no longer under warranty. I tried using sysprep, and it didn't work.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
D

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Does it have the COA label on the box with code?

by robo_dev In reply to Windows Server 2003 OEM l ...

Should be able to use any copy of Win2K3, as long as you have a valid COA.

Collapse -

COA label

by DevRad In reply to Does it have the COA labe ...

Thanks for your response. Yes, I do have a valid COA. But you see the problem is when we change the product key. During reinstallation of the server, an msdn license was used and now I am trying to register the server with its OEM license. So far I have tried, sysprep and activate windows method. Nothing seems to be working...all I get is invalid product key when trying to change it....

THX

Collapse -

call MS

by shasca In reply to COA label

I got my cds mixed up and installed the wrong version a ways back. I just called MS and we were able to activate with number on box itself. As long as it is a valid number you can get phone activation no problem and it didn't take that long.

Collapse -

coa

by Triathlete1981 In reply to Windows Server 2003 OEM l ...

there's no COA sticker on the server? If it came installed, there should be a sticker on the server itself that has the license number.

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)