Question

windows sever 2003 with iis 6.0 dropping users

By snbdman ·
I am currently administrating a Window Server 2003 R2 SP1 running IIS 6.0 hosting three websites and four ftp sites. This server shares a full T1 with the rest of the office network users. The websites and three of the ftp sites do not receive much traffic.
I am using Windows firewall and have it set to allow ftp connections.

One of the four ftp sites is the companies main audio upload site were programmers upload files ranging in size from 2MBs to 30MBs. This ftp site is configured only to allow authenticated users. Most of the clients are able to upload their programs fine but there are some who can?t get on period or get kicked off half way through there upload. Any idea why this is happening?

I set the max number of users in IIS to 100 and the timeout to 6000 seconds which seems ridiculously longer them it needs to be. However these setting seemed to have resolved some of the problems. Any ideas of what I change so I can return these settings to more normal values?

I have noticed that when I upload a 100 MB file using IE 6.0 it will take about a 30 minutes to upload, but the upload never completes it hangs at about 10 seconds. I have to ctrl+alt+del out of it to kill it. Any ideas to why this upload is hanging?

Thanks

Steve

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)