General discussion

Windows xp on Wind 2003 network

By kashmeir63 ·
Hi,
I have a strange problem. I have a wind. xp pro on a wind. 2003 w/ad Domain. When I logon my windows xp computer and on the domain I don't seem to get my roaming profile. I do get my mappings and homefolder on my desktop. When I run Microsoft outlook 2003 I get the following error: cannot start microsoft office outlook. I am running exchange. I tried uninstalling and re-installing outlook with the same results.When in explorer. I try to click view Hidden files and extensions,I'm unable.Also I'm unable to uncheck lock task bar. I use to be able to do all these things. There is no policy to not allow me to do these things. Is this a corrupt profile on the server? Any suggestions on how to correct this would be appreciated. Thank You

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dave In reply to Windows xp on Wind 2003 n ...

I know this may be an irellaven q but have you checked the GPO's and Windows Firewall?

When my lot upgraded from Win2K we encountered problems with the xp SP2 firewall and auto update functions. We initiated a GPO using the Group Policy Managment Console (SP1) downloaded from Microsoft, to disable the firewall and autoupdates for all the machines with in the network.

Collapse -

by kashmeir63 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by kashmeir63 In reply to Windows xp on Wind 2003 n ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)