General discussion

Wirless Router Always Disconnected after 1 or 2 hours - WGT624

By mak1515 ·
Hi all: I just brought Wirless Router(WGT624), after I setup everything works fine, after 1 or 2 hours the wireless connection disconnected & connected to my neighbor's wirless network. I used AT&T DSL. I am very frustrated about it. To fix this problem, I unplugged the power of the router, and reconnected to my router.
I read some post about this Router, there are so many problems about it.
1: Should I return it?
Thanks everybody!
2: Which Wirless Router do you guys recommended to use?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mshavrov In reply to Wirless Router Always Dis ...

Check log (events) in your Wireless Router. What happens when you disconnect? Any messages?

Check you Windows Event Log. Do you have any error messages?

Why are you connecting to the neighbor's router? Disable his connection in your settings.

Check if you have power management (i.e. sleep mode) configured on your PC. May be your computer disconnects by going to sleep mode, and then wakes up?

Good luck,

Mike
http://www.3comheadsetadapter.com

Collapse -

by mak1515 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by zrow0ne In reply to Wirless Router Always Dis ...

Sounds the computer has a good wireless signal to both networks and doesn't know which one to stay connected with. Open Control Panel and open Network Connections. Right mouse click the Wireless Network Connection then click properties. Now click the tab that says Wireless Networks then towards the bottom click the button that says Advanced. Remove the check from the box that says Automatically connected to non-preferred networks then click close. Also make sure your wireless network is listed first on the wireless networks list. This means the computer will always connect to your network when its in range before any other networks. Good luck!

Collapse -

by mak1515 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by mak1515 In reply to Wirless Router Always Dis ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)