Question

Yahoo Mail and Messenger not working on my DI-704P router...

By ccldotnet ·
I'm having a hard time configuring my internet cafe with my router and yahoo mail and messenger. I can't reply and attach files with yahoo mail... i can't let others view my webcam. It freezes when i broadcast it. But if i remove the router and just connect the modem to my hub switch, all are just fine... so the problem lies within the router... i've tried all port triggering and forwarding but to no avail... can anyone help me?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

check connection preferences

by Tink! In reply to Yahoo Mail and Messenger ...

your router may have a built-in firewall or proxy and you'll need to change the connection preference to alert your Yahoo software of this. In Messenger I know there are 4 different options to choose from. Try each one until you find one that works.

Collapse -

DI-704P router

by Philippians In reply to Yahoo Mail and Messenger ...

Our shop is using the same router. May be this will help you. First, reset all the setting of your router to factory default. Then name your network. Use the DHCP server that is built-in with the router and configure your network IP address in auto mode. You can also use the built-in firewall of the router if you want to. Actually, I can't remember the sequence how it appear at the window setup page of the router but, it is something like that.

Then at the workstation configure your network connection by obtaining IP address automatically. At the DNS server lookup, place the IP address of the router as your primary or preferred.

The router is very friendly to use. God bless

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)