General discussion

Zip Drive Letter Assignment in Win 2000

By Shanghai Sam ·
My Windows 2000 Professional PC is connected to our NetWare 4.11 Server using the F drive as the standard login drive. When I connect my Zip Drive to the PC and power up it always assigns the Removable Zip Drive to the F drive.

In Windows 95& 98 Iomega had the Guest account where you could go in and change the drive letter assignment. I have gone into Device Manager and cannot even change it from there. On my old PC which had Windows 95 I would assign it a network drive letter of J:\- which I would like to do again. I also have downloaded and tried the lastest drivers for the Zip as well, to no avail & also checked out their website for any information.

I alrady have a C drive, \ drive CD-ROM & E:\drive CD-Write, with my F drive being my network login.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Zip Drive Letter Assignment in Win 2000

by BeerMonster In reply to Zip Drive Letter Assignme ...

I'm not sure I fully grasp the situation here, but you can alter drive letters in 2000 \ XP by right clicking on the my computer icon and selecting manage. in the mmc snap in that opens, select disk management. select the drive you wish to alter, right click and select "change drive letter and paths". hope I'm on track...

Back to Desktop Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)