With developers accounting for some of the most in-demand job positions, companies should look toward these 10 countries for top talent, according to Diffbot.
Developers occupied nearly half of the job positions on Glassdoor's most in-demand tech jobs of 2019. However, US companies are still facing a tech talent shortage when looking for quality software developers to join their teams.
SEE: How to build a successful developer career (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
This tech talent shortage has forced many US organizations to instead look overseas for necessary developer skills. To help guide companies toward top developers, artificial intelligence (AI) startup Diffbot compiled a list of the top EU countries with the best software development workforce.
Using the Diffbot Knowledge Graph, the report used 2.5 million records of identified skills to find the best locations with developer talent. Here are the top 10 countries in the EU with the best software developer talent:
- United Kingdom
Similar to the US, these foreign countries also have a tech gender gap. While the Netherlands was one of the top locations for software development talent, it also had the worst gender gap for software engineers, with men making up 74% of those in the field, while Ireland had the most even split, at almost 50/50 men/women, the report found.
For more, check out How to become a developer: A cheat sheet on TechRepublic.
- How to become a developer: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- Implementing DevOps: A guide for IT pros (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
- Telephone interview cheat sheet: Software developer (TechRepublic Premium)
- Programming languages: Developers reveal most loved, most loathed, what pays best (ZDNet)
- It takes work to keep your data private online. These apps can help (CNET)
- Programming languages and developer career resources (TechRepublic on Flipboard)