Office 2007 lets you convert your documents, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations to PDF — optimized for online documents, printed documents, or both. Before you can convert your document to PDF format, you need to download and install the support for PDF and XPS from the Microsoft Web site. (Be sure you have an active Internet connection so you can download the support for PDF and XPS.) Now follow these steps:
- In Word 2007, go to Word 2007 Help, type PDF in the Search box, and then press [Enter].
- Scroll to and click Enable Support For Other File Formats, Such As PDF And XPS.
- Under “What Do You Want To Do?” click Install And Use The Publish As PDF Or XPS Add-In From Microsoft.
- When the Web page displays, click Microsoft Save A PDF Or XPS Add-In For 2007 Microsoft Office Programs.
- Follow the instructions to download the add-in.
To save a Word 2007 document as a PDF file, open the document and follow these steps:
- Click the Microsoft Office button, move to Save As, and click PDF Or XPS.
- Click the Options button to set Bookmarks, designate whether you want to save a part of the document or the entire document, and/or exclude document elements from the file. Click OK.
- Click the appropriate button for Standard or Minimize optimization.
- Click Publish.
You can follow these same steps to convert your spreadsheets and PowerPoint files to PDF.
Miss a Word tip?
Check out the Microsoft Word archive, and catch up on other Word tips.
Help users increase productivity by automatically signing up for TechRepublic’s free Microsoft Office Suite newsletter, featuring Word, Excel, and Access tips, delivered each Wednesday.