Programming language and computer software expertise are extremely valuable in today's tech job market. Here are the top skills to know.
The top tech skill for 2019 is a programming language some may not expect: Solidity, according to an Udemy report released on Tuesday. The language is used for developing smart contracts for Ethereum, a public decentralized blockchain platform, the report said.
SEE: System update policy template download (Tech Pro Research)
Here are the other top tech skills to consider in 2019, the report found:
Using Solidity, programmers can make smart contracts used for voting, crowdfunding, blind auctions, and multi-signature wallets.
2. Houdini Software
Houdini software is a major hitter in 3D animation for special effects, video games, and movies. The software is more math and physics-focused than most traditional 3D tools like 3ds Max or Maya, the report said.
3. PHP Security
The latest version of PHP has revealed more vulnerability and security issues that IT teams must address. PHP programmers should be well experienced in securing PHP web applications, the report found.
An open source machine learning framework, TensorFlow was created by the Google Brain team. The program implements artificial intelligence (AI) and neural network models in a much easier way, providing an open source library for both machine learning and numerical computation.
5. Functional Programming
6. Google Cloud
Multi-cloud strategies are exploding in the enterprise, making products like Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure extremely popular. Google Cloud use grew by a whopping 76% in 2017, the report found.
The 2018 Alteryx release changed the way data science is used in the business world, helping leaders make more data-driven decisions.
8. Apache Camel
Apache Camel, an open source Java framework, helps make the integration of multiple applications more seamless. It also helps programmers integrate a large number of applications needed to share data.
9. Programming fundamentals
Programming fundamentals are a necessary base-knowledge for all programmers, especially with a shortage of skilled developers in the workforce.
10. System center configuration
Microsoft's System Center Configuration Manager gives IT management and security teams a single tool for accessing applications, while keeping data secure.
To learn more about some of the most in demand programming languages of 2019, check out this TechRepublic article.
The big takeaways for tech leaders:
- Solidity, a blockchain program, is the most popular tech skill in 2019. — Udemy, 2019
- Software and programming languages take up the whole list of tech skills for 2019. — Udemy 2019
- DevOps: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- This programming language is earning US developers $100,000 a year (TechRepublic)
- 20 pro tips to make Windows 10 work the way you want (TechRepublic download)
- Microsoft Office 365 for business: Everything you need to know (ZDNet)
- The 10 most important iPhone apps of all time (Download.com)
- It takes work to keep your data private online. These apps can help (CNET)
- Programming languages and developer career resources coverage (TechRepublic on Flipboard)