General discussion

1024 digital monitor not adjusting to ATI video card

By jbarrett ·
Basically I have a problem in the college where I work, with CTX S501A monitors not always adjusting themsleve to the ATI Rage 128 Pro video cards. They adjust automatically or through the push of a button but on some machines they dont pick up the 1024 resolution and continue to display in 800x600 even though the desktop is larger meaning it scrolls around. I thought it was a driver problem and thought I sorted it when I got 4 machines fixed but there are more machines that are not working with the same driver. Also its not a monitor driver problem becuause the ones that do work in 1024 are happy to work with plug and play plus I have tried the original monitor drivers to no avail. I have been looking for a particular ATI video card driver revision. If you can help... Rage 128 (ASIC :Rage 128 Pro Ultra): release 6.60-010926M-1868-ATI . But even then if I do get it, I dont know if it will still make a difference.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

maybe settings?

by Bogomir In reply to 1024 digital monitor not ...

It's hard do do a "remote diagnosis", but you may want to check on this:
What ever a monitor is able to display, or sync, depends on the amount of data per time it receives. This amount depends on refresh rate, color depth and resolution.
So, try to reduce the color depth (to 16bit, for starters, and the refresh rate to whatever the monitor manufacturer says will work best.

Find a set of settings, where the 1024-resolution is displayed without problems. Then play around with the other settings, such as refresh rate (on CRTs it should be 85Hz or better, on TFTs it doesn't matter at all for ergonomics, but the the manufacturers specs!). The color-depth. Let me know if this worked, ok?

Tom

Back to Peripheral Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)