Question

3 monitors on a Radeon 9250 PCI 128 mb

By A.Eudell ·
Hi, I currently have a 17" Relysis TE770 on my VGA output, a 19" Proview PX-986N on the DVA output (through a VGA converter) and a TV on the S-Video cable.

What I want to do is run both the monitors as an extended desktop, but also the TV as a mirror of either of these screens (although I would accept a further extended desktop if thats all thats possible).

My ATI software only allows me to activate one of these secondary monitors in the "Displays" tab. Is there any way to use all three screens?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You may need to update the Video Drivers

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to 3 monitors on a Radeon 92 ...

Generally the ATI cards will allow you to set an extended desktop through the VGA and DVI and make the S Video a mirror of the primary Desktop but not allow you to switch between the different desktops in the extended view.

However there is a DVI to VGA Dual Splitter available that may suit your purposes it allows two displays to be connected to the DVI output as an extended desktop. I've never actually used one but they are available and Dell where using them on their single DVI ATI output Video Cards to allow an extended Desktop.

Col

Collapse -

Thats all I want....

by A.Eudell In reply to You may need to update th ...

Hal 9000 wrote: "Generally the ATI cards will allow you to set an extended desktop through the VGA and DVI and make the S Video a mirror of the primary Desktop"

Thats all I want mate, but in my:
Display properties - Settings - Advanced - "ATi" Displays:
I find a screen with four panels, each of which have an on (green) off (red) switch. When I turn on the second monitor, the TV turns off and vice versa. So I'm confused?

Collapse -

The latest drivers & support information

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Thats all I want....

Is available here

http://tinyurl.com/yd4ojb

Col

Collapse -

ATI and Nvidia - Vista

by mjallen In reply to 3 monitors on a Radeon 92 ...

Hi- I'm currently running MS Vista and a ATI x1650 video card with dual dvi. I'd like to add in a 3rd monitor but still make use of the Vista aero features. I was looking at the Nvidia FX 5500 PCI version as a potential 2nd display adapter.

Anyone know if I will have problems using both cards with Vista for a 3rd display?

Back to Peripheral Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)