Question

Dell D800 Video/Backlight Problems

By crazymacguy ·
Hey there Everyone, let me describe this fun little project of mine... I have received a Dell D800 from my school to just play with/repair and it runs fine with an external display connected, but the actual LCD gives me some problems... the computer will run for about 10 minutes and the LCD back light decides it wants to turn off... and it does... i can barely make out that the computer is still displaying stuff... apps continue to run, downloads continue to dl... and such, external monitors work, but the LCD is way too dim for me actually use this, so i was wondering if there are some things i can check before i have to replace the whole LCD panel... any and all input would be appreciated...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

same problem

by waynemello In reply to Dell D800 Video/Backlight ...

did you find out anything on this problem?...i'm having the exact same problem with my D800....my computer buddy says it might be the video card...maybe....my warranty with dell just expired 10 days ago and they won't fix it...Dell sucks!!

Collapse -

Nothing yet...

by crazymacguy In reply to same problem

I haven't heard anything from my friends around the IT world yet... but i have noticed i have much less problems when i have it on my Port Replicator... idk why but the screen will stay on as long as i want, so long as i don't move the screen... works for me, hope it helps for you!

Collapse -

Dell may out you outside of the warranty

by robert_gary In reply to same problem

I had a key go back on my D800 one month after the warranty ran out. I called customer support and they said they usually will fix stuff if its only recently out of warranty.

Back to Peripheral Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)