Question

HP MEDIA CENTRE m1190.uk Monitor Power Saving Problem

By thompcraig ·
My HP Media Centre has started putting my monitor into power save mode (switches screen off) about 60 seconds after startup. It does this before windows actually boots up. I have replaced the video card (ATI X600 Pro) thinking it was the problem but the problem persists despite this. I have reset the BIOS to default settings again to no avail. I have tried switching monitors to another flat screen and a CRT monitor all of which has no impact. I have used the reset bios function on the motherboard again to no avail. Does anyone know what is causing this fault and how to rectify it?

Thanks

Craig

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

By the sound of things you have ruled out a hardware

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to HP MEDIA CENTRE m1190.uk ...

Problem so all you are left with is a Windows Problem.

Follow the directions here to do an In Place Install of Windows and that may fix things

http://tinyurl.com/g4bv8

But just to be on the safe side I would suggest that you try a Live Linux CD that runs off the CD as this is a good test of the hardware and if that works you'll be safe to install the Windows OS and not be in a position of having a blank screen with an incomplete Windows Install. You can download or Buy a Copy of a Live Linux from here

http://tinyurl.com/23nmq

Knoppix would most likely be your best option but if you need something small and fast to download Puppy will do nicely.

Col

Collapse -

Succesful or not ?

by d.hector In reply to By the sound of things yo ...

I have been following this thread with interest as I have the exact same problem with the exact same machine.HP were not particularly interested in my opinion.Has this solution been tried and been succesful ?

Back to Peripheral Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)