Question

MS Word 2002 & Image Problems

By umbriel256 ·
Word is being horrible with my pictures. Every time I try to place a picture with text wrapped around it the program puts a gap in the same area on the page before it, so it looks like an empty box. Also when I print out the document, the image that created the white box is printed there instead of where I placed it in the document, so the picture is only printed once and in the wrong place. I've unchecked all automatic formating tabs that would affect paragraphs and configuration of text, but it still does the same thing. Please help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

That sounds about right for word to me

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to MS Word 2002 & Image Prob ...

Short of removing the package and reinstalling I'm not sure that there is much that you can do if you want to keep using word as it's at best a second rate WP.

I suggest removing the entire program Office if you are using that or works if that is what you are using run Defrag several times and reinstall the entire package. That should return things to the default settings on new documents but may retain faulty formatting on saved documents.

The real answer is to use Open Office which is M$ Office Life Line to the real world as it fixes the problems introduced by the different standards between different versions of M$ Products it's available for download from here

http://tinyurl.com/kodg

Col

Collapse -

Word

by umbriel256 In reply to That sounds about right f ...

Ok, I'll try doing that. Thanks so much for your help!

Collapse -

Lets know how you get on

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Word
Collapse -

text boxes or frames

by sgt_shultz In reply to MS Word 2002 & Image Prob ...

first insert text box then your picture. then change the text box to a frame. it sh ould behave better that way
reinstall, ha ha ha ha ha. I don't think that will help.
You may want to switch to Publisher or similar because word is horrible with this kind of thing. notice how big your word doc file gets with each picture addition...

Collapse -

Meh

by umbriel256 In reply to text boxes or frames

There was a chance that the new MS updates had done something to the program (like it has for iTunes and Nero, which I did have to reinstall to fix them), but reinstalling Word didn't do much/anything...unfortunately. I found that if you place a picture on the next page that's close in proximity to where a picture on the previous page is you get a "ghost". Doesn't always happen, but like 95% of the time it does.
As for the text box idea, it definitely works since the picture's in a different text area...it's just a bit troublesome because I have to move my text around that area so the text box doesn't block it.
Preferably I'd rather use QuarkXpress than Publisher (which didn't come with the set of programs I bought)...but since I don't have that kind of money or access to it I'm stuck with Word.
Thanks for the help guys!

Back to Peripheral Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)