Hubspot, Intuit, and Salesforce also cracked the top 10 in Comparably's workplace culture rankings.
Google tops the list of US tech giants with the best company cultures, according to a Monday report from workplace culture and compensation monitoring site Comparably. The company received higher ratings than any other in the tech space by employees who provided anonymous feedback on a variety of workplace culture questions ranging from work environment to compensation to leadership, the report noted.
Company culture has a major impact on attracting and retaining employees, especially in the competitive IT jobs market. Positive corporate cultures are key for keeping IT projects on track, successful digital transformation efforts, and preventing employee burnout.
SEE: Hostile workplace prevention policy (Tech Pro Research)
Several of the companies ranked as having the best culture are in tech, the report found. This comes in opposition to a recent report from workplace review service Blind, which found that more than half of tech employees said they do not consider their workplace to be healthy. However, it should be noted that those results were based on one true or false question, and there was no comparison group, so it is unknown how employees in other industries would fare.
Here are the top 10 large US companies with the best company culture, according to Comparably:
- Insight Global
- Blizzard Entertainment
Further down on the list came Facebook (no. 16), Microsoft (no. 22), and LinkedIn (no. 25).
To learn more about how to create a culture of success at your organization, click here.
The big takeaways for tech leaders:
- Google, Hubspot, Intuit, and Salesforce are among the top 10 companies with the best company culture. — Comparably, 2018
- Positive company culture is key for attracting and retaining employees. — Comparably, 2018
- IT leader's guide to achieving workplace diversity (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
- Working in tech? Five tips on avoiding burnout (ZDNet)
- Infographic: The top 10 cities for CIO job satisfaction (TechRepublic)
- How to become a developer: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- How to improve work-life balance at your company (TechRepublic)
- The top 6 reasons why employees leave, and how you can stop them (TechRepublic)