The software development industry is constantly changing, which means the needs of companies when it comes to developer talent are fluctuating too, according to Coding Dojo’s Most In-Demand Programming Technologies Used at Top US Startups blog post on Thursday.
The research shared in the post, which focused on 25 “unicorn” organizations—companies privately held and worth more than $1 billion—used data from Indeed, CB Insights, PitchBook, and Stackshare. Examples of these popular startup companies include WeWork, JUUL Labs, Airbnb, SpaceX, and more.
SEE: Six in-demand programming languages: getting started (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
“While most of these programming languages and technologies will be familiar to any working developer, individuals looking to work at these unicorn companies would do well to learn them,” Donovan An, director of West Coast campus operations at Coding Dojo, wrote in the post.
Here are the most popular programming languages used by these top companies:
- Objective C
For more, check out the Top 5 programming languages experienced software engineers use, on TechRepublic.
- DevOps: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- 10 free alternatives to Microsoft Word and Excel (TechRepublic download)
- Choosing your Windows 7 exit strategy: Four options (TechRepublic Premium)
- Microsoft Office 365 for business: Everything you need to know (ZDNet)
- The 10 most important iPhone apps of all time (Download.com)
- It takes work to keep your data private online. These apps can help (CNET)
- Must-read coverage: Programming languages and developer career resources (TechRepublic on Flipboard)