Celebrated for the ability to asynchronously handle data as and when it's ready, the latest LTS version is Node.js 10.14.2, which offers significant performance advantages over earlier LTS versions, and is available to download here.
Prized for its simplicity due to its declarative approach, ease of management, and reusable components, React can also be used to build interfaces for mobile apps using React Native.
Vue is another framework for building web UIs and is designed to be a simple library that controls the look and functionality of the UI.
Rather than try to handle every element of a web app, such as routing HTTP requests, Vue is designed to integrate with other software libraries to add features as needed.
You can find out more about getting started with Vue here.
"In 2018 alone, we saw more new users than in our first six years combined, and we celebrated hosting over 100 million repositories. All of this growth is thanks to the open source community," writes Thomas Elliott, data scientist at GitHub
- Six in-demand programming languages: getting started (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
- Programming languages: Your best options (ZDNet)
- How to become a developer: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- Want to learn programming? This startup pays you cryptocurrency to study Python (ZDNet)
- 10 popular programming languages developers should learn in 2019 (TechRepublic)
- Programming languages and developer career resources coverage (TechRepublic on Flipboard)