Welcome to our "Got Answers?" series where we are helping fellow members get answers to their tech questions. Are you the one who can help your fellow member with their questions?
TechRepublic member Nelvah removed Internet Explorer 11 from their computer, and now would like to add it back, but has run into issues, so they have turned to the TechRepublic community for assistance.
TechRepublic member Nelvah states, "So IE 11 was not functioning on this computer so I ran the suggested command:
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /quiet /norestart
Does anyone know a way to now install IE 11 again? I've went to Microsoft's website and attempted install and it says it completes and requires a restart. After it restarts it's not there nor can I enable it through the windows features.
Please let me know."
Are you able to help Nelvah with their question? Just click the button below:
The TechRepublic Forums is a community of IT Experts, where you can go to seek advice, share your knowledge, brainstorm, shoot the breeze and enjoy the camaraderie of your IT peers. So, if you haven't already - be sure to check out the forums today!
More Tech Help Questions from the TechRepublic Forums
- Setting the power button in Windows 10 by hubu12hubu122
- Games issues in Windows 10 by MadTj
- [S9] Some Apps or processes are overloading the System (CPU) by tdh10
- Windows shops be warned: New Internet Explorer bug lets hackers hijack your system (TechRepublic)
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update battery test: Edge beats Chrome again, brags Microsoft (ZDNet)
- Windows 10 updates are about to get smaller and less painful (TechRepublic)
- Video: How to perform a total system reset in Windows 10 (TechRepublic)
- Windows 10 version 1809: Act fast to delay this big upgrade (ZDNet)
Previous "Got Answers?" Question(s)
- How to successfully transition into a career in the IT field?
- How to fix the keyboard of a laptop after water has spilled on it?
- How do I create a website with zero experience in coding?
- Forcing an Android device to update to a higher version
- Why is my iPhone 7 and iPhone X generating so much heat during daily activities?
Tammy Cavadias is the Community and Member Services Manager for ZDNet, TechRepublic, and Tech Pro Research. She loves spending time with her 8 rescue dogs, and in her spare time she helps animal rescues. She has been with the company since 1996.