The tech industry is singled out by FlexJobs as being especially willing to offer opportunities to work outside of an office.
As remote working gains traction worldwide, some of the world's biggest tech firms are offering a substantial number of positions for the first time.
Networking giant Cisco is among the major firms to earn a place on FlexJobs' 2019 round-up of the 100 companies offering the most opportunities to work remotely. FlexJobs trawls job adverts from more than 51,000 companies globally to identify which firms offer at least some level of remote work, ranging from an offering a remote option to positions that are 100% remote.
The tech industry is singled out by FlexJobs as being especially willing to offer opportunities to work outside of an office, with major players like Amazon, (6th), Intuit (13th), Dell (17th), SAP (31st), Red Hat (43rd), VMWare (47th), Cisco (55th), Salesforce (57th), Xerox (72nd), GitHub (88th) and Rackspace (100th) making the list.
SEE: Telecommuting policy (Tech Pro Research)
And across all companies, software developer is the sixth most likely role to be advertised as being remote, according to a recent FlexJobs survey.
The vast majority of workers believe flexible working options would boost their quality of life, although the Stack Overflow 2018 Developer Survey found remote work wasn't the highest priority for respondents, with programmers prizing compensation, benefits, and the ability to work with their preferred languages more highly.
Here are the 25 companies that offer the most opportunities for remote working according to the FlexJobs list.
- Working Solutions
- Kelly Services
- UnitedHealth Group
- LanguageLine Solutions
- BroadPath Healthcare Solutions
- Cactus Communications
- Robert Half International
- Appirio, A Wipro Company
- BCD Travel
- IT budgeting: A cheat sheet (TechRepublic)
- What is blockchain? Understanding the technology and the revolution (TechRepublic download)
- Vendor relationship management checklist (Tech Pro Research)
- Tech Budgets 2019: A CXO's Guide (ZDNet)
- 6 ways to delete yourself from the internet (CNET)
- Best to-do list apps for managing tasks on any platform (Download.com)
- CXO: More must-read coverage (TechRepublic on Flipboard)