Jobs: supposedly there are a lot of them out there. But if you’re in the frame of mind of finding the right job, not just any job, then the old-fashioned monstrous job board may not be what you’re looking for.
Here are five job sites you might not have considered.
- Glassdoor. Yes, it’s the place that lets you find out about a company’s culture before you work there, but they also list job openings, so you can research them and then apply – all in one place.
- HIVE Diversity is a network connecting students and companies with a special emphasis on access. They promise to connect a diverse number of applicants with next-gen talent.
- FlexJobs. If you’re used to working from home and like the flexibility it offers, this is the site. It specializes in work-from-home freelance and flexible on-site postings.
- Handshake was launched by students from Michigan Technical University to create a more equal playing field for students looking for jobs. It has more than 9 million users.
- Ladders. This is for those of you already making six figures. This is, as the name implies, a way to climb the ladder into even more lucrative jobs.
There are more jobs than ever out there, so the challenge is finding the right one. These sites just may be the thing to get you in the right door.
Subscribe to TechRepublic Top 5 on YouTube for all the latest tech advice for business pros from Tom Merritt.